Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

done?

When Josh and I welcomed Seth into the world, our third child in four years, our friends sighed a sigh of relief. "Oh good, you got your boy! Now you can be done!"

When Marcus came along, he made things "nice and even" so that we could be "done."

When Eldon came along, many people just shook their heads, and assumed, I guess because five kids in six years is pretty crazy, that NOW we must be "done."

So now, we joyfully announce the coming of our sixth little Cook into the world (early September or so), once again to gasps and amazement! (even screaming- with joy of course, right mom!?)

This may change, but as crazy as my life is, the word "Done" still seems to me like one of the saddest words on the planet.

We are very excited, and I must admit I am hoping to dust off my boxes of baby girl clothes this time! I do not expect to find that out for several weeks but as always, I will keep everyone posted!

(I am holding my breath a little bit as I remember Lorraine's Christmas wish as printed in her school cookbook. "I wish for a baby brother AND a baby sister!" Lord have mercy!)

Then Esau looked up and saw the women and children. "Who are these with you?" he asked.
Jacob answered, "They are the children God has graciously given your servant." Gen 33:5

6 comments:

Ann H. said...

Congratulations, Emily! Once again we will be due within a few weeks of each other. Yes, Harms baby #3 is due August 14! :o)

Erin said...

Congratulations! You should just look at your mom and say, "Well, Grandma Lorraine had eight..." and see if she faints. :) Great news Em! I can't even think about another one yet - Sarah is still a lot of baby to handle. (Who am I kidding, I'm totally thinking about another one - you are helping!)

Emily Cook said...

Ann! That's great to hear! I would wager that like us you are kind of crossing your fingers for a girl this time?

Erin! Your post cracked me up- you totally sound like me! Seems to me like 18-20months apart is a pretty good spacing... Early pregnancy the baby still seems like such a BABY, so you baby them a little extra for awhile because they are about to be supplanted... but by the time the next one comes, the other "baby" is off and running and ready for a sibling :)

Ann H. said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I want a baby girl. But this time, I refuse to allow myself to hope at all, because I have done that in the past and it just led to no good, emotionally. So this baby is boy, no question about it, he already has a name, and we talk about him as "he." I envision how much the boys will love to have a baby brother. I know in my heart I need to concentrate on the wonderful thing I am getting, rather than being disappointed by what I am not getting and what is not in my power to get anyway.

Unknown said...

Emily! That's great news! Praise to God for His blessings! Congratulations to the Cook family!

Adams Clan said...

Emily, Congratulations! I am so excited for you all!! Can't wait to meet the newest addition to your family! And I love the Jacob quote! That is sooo perfect! Blessings to you all!