Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Just a few of my favorite moments today!

We went to Magic Kingdom today! It was magical, of course! :)

Here are just a few of my favorite magical moments:

Eldon was a bit hesitant, being new to this whole thing.  The big kids have been prepping him and coaching him ever since we got in the car on friday. "Now Eldon, we're going to have to wait in line when we get there." "If it gets really busy you'll have to hold mommy's hand, or my hand." "Don't worry Eldon, you will see pirates, but the pirates aren't real!" and so forth.  My little experts.


Small world:
"There's so much to look at I don't know where to look!"

It was a favorite for everyone. 
And if I actually turned my head every time one of them yelled "Mommy, LOOK!" 
I would have had whiplash!


He did ask "How did they DO that?" 800 times like I knew he would, but still,
Mr. Serious absolutely got into the magic! He even SKIPPED with the rest of us yesterday!
(Don't tell him I told you!)
And, much to my surprise, he LOVED Splash Mountain. 
"It made my heart jump mommy! That was so cool!"


What can I say? Marcus makes every moment look cool.
He has a runny nose and a chapped upper lip,
but it just looks like he has a mustache.
Even a cold looks cool on this one.


This guy.
Yep, I remember falling in love with him in this place. 




Lorraine was hesitant to go in the Haunted House.
Aggie was trying to help her "put on her brave face."


Eldon. 
Wide-eyed and in love with everything. 
Even the rock wall.
It was all one big adventure for him.


But I think this was my favorite moment.....

Peter was tired, 


and he found the perfect place to lay.
He hugged Pooh...
and he wouldn't get up!
He melted right into him!


When the other kids made him move along, 
he snuggled into Tigger!


Hey, you make a great pillow!
Can I keep you?


We made  a scene everywhere we went.
A colorful scene.
It was wonderful! :)

By about 5, Lorraine was looking a little green.
And gray.
We were pretty sure the stomach flu was coming her way, so we went back before the rest.

Lorraine was pretty bummed. 
On the way out, a random stranger lady gave her this flower balloon:


I think God must have known she needed a little extra cheering up.

Yep, it was a magical day!


4 comments:

Rich said...

Great photos. Love that one with Peter wrapped up by the animal.

Thanks for sharing.

Nana said...

I am glad that you are having such a good time! The pictures are so fun! Enjoy your time together.
Give the kids a big kiss for me. I hope that Lorraine feels better soon.

Kat said...

hope you are having a good time i hope rainy gets better tell everyone i said hi .love kathryn

Kat said...

that picture of peter is so cute emily he must have really been tired. 2years ago when i and my family went to disney world magic kingdom was my favorite.