Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

so clever I almost gave in.

A scowling little boy stares at his plate. Salad. THEN the cookies. Sweet, wonderful, chocolate chip cookies. Waiting for him. Right there, in reach, just waiting for him to climb that very last hurdle before he tastes sweet victory.


But first, salad. Laying there in all its ugly greenness. He scowls deep.

Suddenly, an idea.

“I’m saving the best for last mommy! Grammy says you should always save the best for last!”

“That’s right Marcus. Now is your salad gone?”

“No, mommy, salad is my best! So I’m going to eat my cookies first and save my BEST salad for last!”

An older sibling who believes in objective truth snorts and says, “Marcus, COOKIES are better than salad. Salad is NOT the best.”

“Salad is my best mommy! I just really really want to save the best for last!”

Laughing hard I tell him no, but I wish I could give him points for cleverness!

I really really just love salad mommy!

No comments: