Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eldon's terrible horrible no good very bad day

Eldon really did have some legitimate reasons for throwing fits yesterday.. it does seem like the entire world was conspiring against him!

In the hours between nap time and bedtime:

Eldon was cheerfully helping me clean his room and suddenly started screaming.  I thought he just stubbed his toe, but when I stopped to look, I saw a thumb tack sticking out of his foot!  It went deep into the inside of his toe-knuckle (or whatever you call that body part!) (The boys have  solar system hanging from their ceiling with putty and tacks, but alas, they like to throw stuff at the planets and occasionally make them fall.  Hence, the tack.)

An hour later, Eldon was toddling alongside me while we walked at the park.  His feet were suddenly removed from underneath him, he flipped violently upside down, feet in the air, forehead smacking the concrete before the rest of his body followed.  (Copper had freed herself from her chain and bowled him over.  Hence, the flipping.)

A half hour later, Seth was taking a time-out by a tree, and Eldon was cheerfully harassing him.  He suddenly started screaming his head off and running towards me holding his arm.  Seth was smirking so I suspected he was to blame, though I never did get a confession.  (Later as I was getting him ready for the bath, I noticed the sting on his arm. Hence, the screaming.)

All that earned him some comfort food.




 

 
An extra cookie-
Please don't tell his siblings

No comments: