Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Evening glory


"Mommy, the sky! Hurry, come look!

Can we sit here and read some of our chapter book?"

Sky pink and pretty, full of evening bird song

Lorraine grabs my hand and she pulls me along



We sit on the swing with our slippers and story

Surrounded by God's art, His day-ending glory

We read and we dream of what-if and maybe

I enjoy the beauty of my growing first baby



The hands that once held my finger, her bottle

Now able to help me, cook dinner and coddle

The baby, sweet Petie, her drooly cute brother

He rides on her hip, and she learns to mother



What plans does God have for you, my beautiful girl?

What heartaches and joys will you face in this world?

I sigh, but I smile, knowing God will be faithful

When life brings the rain, when people are hateful



Lorraine will be cared-for as she goes here and there

Because God is her Father, and He hears my prayer

We swing and we watch the dim of sun's rays

and we savor the gift of these little-girl days.

 



1 comment:

Leah said...

Very nicely put.