Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Goodbye twenties... hello full sized van!

Yesterday was a rare treat- a family day on a Tuesday! Josh took Tuesday off to recover from his crazy week last week with church and the new baby and everything else.

Josh and I were feeling extra ambitious in the morning (must have been the good coffee you left for us mom!) so we packed up all five kids for our very first outing together- first breakfast at Bob Evans, then to the children's museum in Indianapolis!

It was a fun afternoon, despite the busloads of other children at the museum, but the drive there and back was.... let's just say not so fun. Our wonderful SUV is technically a seven passenger vehicle, but I think car manufacturers are allowed to test these standards using dwarfs- and dwarfs with no car seat laws to follow! Just getting everyone in there was a workout in itself! Once they were squished in there like clowns in a volkswagen, getting along and staying in their own space seemed impossible.

So my husband is a thinking....
Thinking of giving up his last ounce of "cool" (his CRV) and buying one of these.....



Seriously, can you really see me driving this?
(Why do I suspect most people out there are going to say yes?)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

We LOVE our van, which we got in Feb to replace my car!!! I asked David if he ever thought he'd show off a van to his friends! :) Ah, it's a fun stage to have entered! )

Erin said...

This will make you laugh because we have no kids (yet) but Aaron and I are so familiar with these! Aaron has driven and I've navigated many a time, with speech nerds filling the back. I vote for The Beast. Cute!