Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's one more?

Blog, that is.

I have long since felt this blog was a bit moody.

That is a good thing though, and not the reason I am trying something new.  Booger stories do mix with reflections on life and death in my world, and Queen Mommie will continue to display both gratuituous cuteness and reflections on faith and church life.

My new blog, Weak and Loved, is going to be a little more general, but I think you who read this blog will enjoy it too.  It will be my attempt to share my reflections on faith and family with a wider audience, and it will be the blog I share with the world if I am ever published. (The book is written, but seeking publication is time consuming, hard to do with kids underfoot, and not as fun as blogging!)

You will see that I sent many Queen Mommie posts to the new blog, but after I get them both running, there will be no more redundancy.

Queen Mommie will continue bouncing along here, and I invite my family and friends and church family to keep following.  And if you like what you see at the new place, please share it!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oooo, what's your book about?

Emily Cook said...

It's called "Weak and Loved," and is the story of our year of trial when my daughter developed epilepsy. Her sickness brought out my own sin and selfishness (more than usual), but God was faithful. Her four-year-old simple faith that endured even when she was near death made me understand what it is to be a child of God- it is to be "weak and loved!"

Her brain tumor was removed in July 2009 and she has not had a seizure since. Doctors say if the tumor does not come back in the next ten years she was cured. So we watch and wait and thank God for today's health!

Rebekah said...

Nice job writing a whole BOOK! I hope the publication pursuit moves efficiently for you.