Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

snapshot

After a church service which for me was only little-boy disruptions, I wonder "Why do we even bother going?" But she walks home with me from church.  Just her, next to me in the cool wet air.  Her siblings got a ride from a friend, but she didn't want mommy to be lonely, so she grabs my hand and offers to share her umbrella.  Her mere presence reminds me to drink deeply of fresh air, to savor this precious moment of life.

Her kind hand grabs mine, and I remember that God gives what I need; that seasons of rain often produce the most beautiful of flowers.

This girl who has been through the valley has come out of it with an enormous heart, and love bubbles out of her like a spring.  I feel the cool night air, breathe in her kindness, and give thanks.

No comments: