Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reasons to rejoice

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice!
Let your gentleness to evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which passes all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

The first rain dance of the season! The girls sang and played in the rain, and when the rain stopped, we simply got out the squirt guns!


They have had hours and hours of fun on this slip and slide too.
I'm not sure what happened to spring, but the kids sure don't seem to mind an early summer!
(By the way, now that I have little girls, I do wish they made more bathing suits like this one! When is this style going to come back already???)



Aggie LOVES computer time! Especially the game she calls "WHOO HOO!"
It is a puzzle game that says "WHOO HOO!" every time she puts a piece in the right place.
Even baby Marcus has learned to say "WHOO HOO" by watching her!

The girls got to go swimming on Monday at the Holiday Inn in Columbus. We had a ball- and Lorraine learned how to swim! She can now make it all the way across the pool and back with no lifejacket! We also had the joy of playing ping pong... Pam gave me and Quinn a good whoopin!

Lorraine had a fantastic weekend with her best friend Kathryn. Here they are sporting the newspaper hats they made with Grammy Pammy! They also made butterflies, and painted baseball caps, all while helping Grammy Pammy organize my house from top to bottom.

Peace and quiet AND a clean, organized house- definitely a reason for rejoicing!

Lord make my heart rejoice today. I know there will be some of the usual trials, but I know You are also here blessing and encouraging us. Open my eyes again to see Your gifts. Take my burdens Lord, and teach my heart to trust in You. Jesus, be my peace and my joy today.

Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy

whose trust every childlike no cares could destroy

be there at our waking and give us we pray

Your joy in our hearts, Lord, at the break of the day.

No comments: