Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

a blue day...

After a few good days with Aggie, we are back to square one. She had a stop-breathing seizure on Thursday, and two yesterday (along with 13 other seizures.) This morning she was awake for about 5 minutes and had two seizures in a row, so we gave her the diastat (her emergency medicine that is supposed to stop cluster seizures.) Now the seizures have stopped (we expect them to stay away until monday if she reacts like she did last time we gave her this medicine) and she is pretty dopey. She is able to have this med twice a week if needed- it is not a good long term strategy, but it may have to be what gets her by until her time at Mayo.

Sometimes it is good when other people give you the words to pray- I am praying this for Aggie, for myself, and for all of us who care for her.


Luther's prayer based on
"Cast all your care upon God, for He cares for you.'
1Peter 5:7

Heavenly Father, You are indeed my Lord and God, who has created me when I was but nothing. In addition, You have saved me through Your Son. Now You have appointed me to this official responsibility and set this work before me. It does not proceed according to my will, and it is so great that it would otherwise weigh heavily on me and cause me great fear, that I of my own ability could find neither counsel nor help. Therefore, let everything be commended unto You, give me counsel and help, and remain faithful in everything, as you have promised. Amen.


I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

No comments: