Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A List for Seth

I had such fun yesterday with list-making, I decided to do another one today, this time for Seth. (Don't miss yesterdays- just add water and gratitude)

What I love about Seth today:

This conversation:
"mom, look! A motorcycle at the high school! I bet some boy who is sixteen rode his motorcycle to school!"
Me: "Mmm hmm."
"When I'm 16, I want to ride a motorcycle to school."
Me: "That would be nice, wouldn't it."
"You think it was a boy, right? Cuz girls don't like motorcycles."
I suddenly pay attention. "Wait a minute, Seth! Girls don't like motorcycles? Don't you know a girl who likes motorcycles, one who has her OWN motorcycle?"
"Oh yeah, you do."
"Right. Not all girls like motorcycles, but some do. You just can't generalize like that. Many boys like motorcycles, but I'm sure some boys do not like motorcycles at all."

He gets it. "Yeah, like probably Justin Beiber!" he snorts.

!!!
  • He says to me, "Mama, semis are so cool, aren't they?"
  • We see the skateboard park and he says to me, "Maybe when I'm like 21 I can skateboard like that."
  • He begs me to "help" him across the monkey bars, and then he giggles too much to make it!
  • At the park he says "watch me" hundreds of times, and shows off his manly feats.
  • He helps Peter without being asked. Sometimes too much.
  • He sees himself as capable of ANY thing that requires know-how. He usually is, too.
  • When he exercises, he sweats like crazy. When he sweats, the whole world is dark and gloomy and terrible.
  • His favorite part of the day today was NOT our bike ride. It was learning how to pump gas.He loves broccoli. He's the only kid. We eat it together, as a special treat.
  • I think the reason he begged me to go on the bike ride today was not so he could ride his bike: it was so that he could see how the pull-behind works with Peter in it.
  • We bought broccoli plants for the garden today. He pulled them in a wagon and loaded them in the van for me.
  • He told the lady at the store, "I'm the BIGGEST brother."
  • He dug the holes and planted them, too.
  • He doesn't quite understand how time works: "Mom, when I'm older, I want to live in town. Then I can take Eldon to preschool for you."
  • He made quesadillas for all of us for lunch.
  • "When I'm older, I'm going to own a semi. Then, you and daddy can chop down trees and I can haul them away for you."



Don't rush, Seth :)

3 comments:

Leah said...

Gotta love boys. My boys have my heart for sure. Sounds like yours have yours too. :)
(That last picture is sooo nice. )

ps Still only 2/3 way through your book. Ahhhh! Reading time, where are you????

Emily Cook said...

Reading time.. yes. It is hard to read things that actually need my attention or might make me cry when the kids are around. the other stuff (like blogs) is much easier to fit in :) hang in there till then end, though- it's happy! :)

Katy said...

You are so pretty, Emily.