Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Interview with a first-grader

To get a copy of these questions to use with your child, please click here!




Name Aggie
Age 7
Grade 1st- Miss Schneider


Photobucket



1.       This school year is over. How do you feel about that?
Sad. I’m going to miss my friends.
2.       How was this year different from last year?

This year I had to go every single day except Saturday and Sunday. Also I had to do science in first grade. And handwriting. And there were no naps.


In the classroom
3.       What did you like most about your teacher?
Miss Schneider did fun things for art. She let us watch movies and some people on their birthdays brought yummy treats that I really liked.
4.       Who do you like to sit by in class?
I like to sit by Lilly, Samantha and Amanda
5.       What is your favorite subject? Why?
Art. Because you can do fun things like make flowers for your mom.
6.       Name two books that you read this year that you liked. What did you like about these books?
Peter Pan (I like that Tinkerbell escaped and warned Peter Pan before he opened that present with the bomb in it and then he rescued the children.)

Froggy goes Trick Or Treating (I like that Froggy saw that girl who really likes Froggy and he fell on his grandma’s porch so she gave him lots of treats and he got a hole in his bag.)
7.       Did you have any extra helping jobs in your classroom this year? What were they?
Feed Oliver the fish, milk helper, prayer leader, start the pledge, the runner, people who bring around the paper to give the paper to the people (paper passer)
8.       What jobs did you like? What jobs did you dislike?
I liked milk helper. There is nothing I didn’t like.
9.       Who do you play with at recess?
Usually the kids on the monkey bars like Carly, Addison, Morgan, Lilly, and some girl that I don’t know her name.
10.   What is your favorite thing to do when recess is outdoors?
Play on the monkey bars!
11.   What is your favorite thing to do when recess in indoors?
Sometimes if it is raining we usually play in the gym or if the gym is not empty then we would usually just play with the stuff that we did in classroom.
12.   What was the best birthday treat you had this year? Do you remember whose birthday that was?
PhotobucketEverything, apparently. Popcicles, Lorraine one time gave me a popcicle. (That was one of the kids in my classes Aggie, says Lorraine.)  Cupcakes- Miles brought cupcakes. (that was today.)
13.   What songs do you sing at school? Tell me three of your favorites.
The object of the preposition. (that’s a song, mom!)
A an the (yeah, they did ‘thee’ instead of ‘the!’ hahaha!)
O Quigly O Quigly, what you gonna do? You got a frown on your face and your singing the blues! You’re not organized Quigley, you are not prepared. You’re not listening carefully and your mind’s not there. You don’t have plans and you don’t have goals. Your homework’s unfinished and you’ve been told you need to get your act together and you don’t have a clue! You’ve got the study skills blues!

 (The study skills blues)
14.   Tell me about the one field trip this year.
Appleworks!!! We went on a tractor and it had a little thing what we could sit on and we went and picked apples and ate ‘em! We also ate lunch there.
15.   What was your favorite lunch?
Pancakes. Chocolate milk, baby.
16.   Did you like art class? What was your favorite project?
Yes! That soft bunny was so soft and cuddly! But I didn’t make his body.
17.   What was the best thing about music class?
That we passed stuff around and I got to have a little symbol thing and it goes like this… (ding ding ding- moving fingers up and down..)
18.   Did you learn anything about computers this year? What?
We learned how to put some sentences on some pieces of paper, not on the same pieces of papers though.  We also Mrs. Vandercar told us that we were doing a little book and that Miss Schneider could tell us when we could work on it and stuff. It was about what we did. Some of it was about what we did.
19.   If you could only wear one outfit to school for a week, what would you wear?
I would wear what I am going to wear tomorrow (the last day of school), which is a the dress that I got from the mommy store. It’s pink and it has some flowers on it.
20.   What is your favorite after-school snack?
Those grahm cracker things when you have frosting in them. Mmm since I said that it makes me want to eat some.
21.   What do you usually do right after school?
I come and say, “Hi mommy, how was your day? What are we having for snack?” Then I do my piano then play.
22.   What else would you like to remember about this year? A funny story?
Sparkle was my favorite. (a spelling game) (The person who sparkle’d on the first round that person got to start the next round.)
n  Student of the day (we got to do stuff. When it was getting close to the last day of school then we got to pull off a circle. Because we made a caterpillar. Put a straw in the bag to show how many days we had of school.
n  We also did art.
Photobucket


Friends
23.   If you fell on the playground, who would come running to help you?
Lilly
24.   Who likes to make everybody laugh?
Usually miss Schneider when she does funny stories. I don’t know any of the kids that do this.
25.   Who likes to wear fancy clothes to school?
Emma in Seth’s class. And me.
26.   Who likes to get dirty?
All of us!
27.   If you started a snowball fight, who would join you?
Maybe Lilly, probably Amanda, maybe Taylor too.
28.   If I told you someone had to stay in for recess, who would you guess it was?
boys
29.   Who runs the fastest?
Cody
30.   Who talks the loudest?
Taylor
31.   If you needed someone to help you with your homework, who would you ask?
Lilly
32.   If you were sad and needed someone to talk to, who would you choose?
Amanda
33.   If you could spend a week with somebody else’s family, what family would you choose?
Grace

God’s care
34.   Do you remember any of your memory verses? Do you have a favorite?
I have had God’s help to this very day.
And my favorite is “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
35.   Did you have prayer time at school? What are some of the things you prayed for?
Yes we did prayers usually after devotions and stuff. After we did a little…some stuff.
Like when I was in school then we prayed for Levi cuz he was going to have a baby sister and her name was Lilly!  Taylor usually prayed for “And please help everyone in the world who is sick.”
We had a list on the board.
Mrs Tower cuz she had cancer.
36.   Did God answer any of those prayers?
Yes. Sometimes He does and sometimes He doesn’t. And sometimes He says “Not  right now. Soon, though.”
37.   Do you think you will like school next year? Why or why not?
Yes I will like school. I might like having Mrs. Clow as a teacher.
38.   What do you think will be different next year?
My sad part is I don’t get to have recess with Lorraine!  Soon it’s going to be different because I’ve never been in second grade and I know that Miss Schneider is going to miss me.
39.   Did God take care of you at school this year? What did He do?
Yes.  He watched over me. He kept me safe on the monkey bars. Of course He did. And whenever the boys in my class would try to get Lorraine I would fight ‘em back. “Don’t mess with my sister, mister” I would say.
We got Taylor so we could get those naughty boys.
We got to make gingerbread houses and eat them one day.
He did give me friends and a good teacher, Miss Schneider.
40.   What do you like about summer?
That you can SWIM in the pool!
We can also wrestle each other! Cannon ball! (Aggie, stop! I can’t type while you wrestle me!)
Pretty Lake! Camp Lakeview! The Cabin! Bump’s cabin AHOY!!!

Thank you, God, for blessing me during this school year. Thank you for my teachers, principal, and pastor. Thank you for all of my friends. Please watch over all of them, and me too, this summer.  Thank You for Your unbreakable, never-stopping, deeper-than-the-ocean love for me. Thank you for always watching over me, Your dear child.
In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rich said...

That is precious. I liked that she was defending her older sister and would miss having recess with her next year.

Great idea, Mom!

Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.