Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Interview with a third-grader


Name Lorraine
Age 9
Grade 3rd Mrs. Enzinger

1.       This school year is over. How do you feel about that?
Happy! Well, because no more homework and I don’t like school. (I don’t! I have to wake up early!)
2.       How was this year different from last year?
Last year in science we did projects, but this year we don’t do projects because we are 3rd and 4th graders. In English we are learning three new patterns.
In the classroom
3.       What did you like most about your teacher?
Well, she was calm. But sometimes she had to raise her voice. She is kind and she gets a lot of jokes. (That means she can understand a joke and laugh about it because she knows what it means. Other teachers are just like “Oh really? Oh, ok” and not get it.)
4.       Who do you like to sit by in class?
Erin, Mackenzie and Josie and Austin (he’s fun to tease!)
5.       What is your favorite subject? Why?
My favorite subject would be ART because I just love art. I love to color and I love to paint and it is just enjoyable for me.
6.       Name two books that you read this year that you liked. What did you like about these books?
Socks by Beverly Cleary (It was about this kitty and I like cats. And I forget what else it was about.)
Paul Bunyan (He was a giant and he didn’t even notice that he was making the grand canyon once when he was walking and dragging his thing behind him.)
7.       Did you have any extra helping jobs in your classroom this year? What were they?
No not really. She would ask people to do things for her.
8.       What jobs did you like? What jobs did you dislike?
I never got to do it.
9.       Who do you play with at recess?
I played with Aggie, Bekah, and Lilly, and Amanda.
10.   What is your favorite thing to do when recess is outdoors?
Play on the monkey bars
11.   What is your favorite thing to do when recess in indoors?
Play freeze tag.
12.   What was the best birthday treat you had this year? Do you remember whose birthday that was?
Fudgecicle and that was Kyle’s birthday
13.   What songs do you sing at school? Tell me three of your favorites.
The Lamb
What a mighty God we serve
What a friend we have in Jesus
14.   Tell me about the one field trip this year.
The zoo! Mommy got to come and be my chaperone and I got to see lots of animals! And I got to see dolphins- my FAVORITE animal!
15.   What was your favorite lunch?
Pizza and cheeseburgers!
16.   Did you like art class? What was your favorite project?
When I drew sunshine and then painted orange paint over them and it made it very cool.
17.   What was the best thing about music class?
Playing God is so good in chapel with recorders
18.   Did you learn anything about computers this year? What?
Yes I learned how to type and I learned how to write a story
19.   If you could only wear one outfit to school for a week, what would you wear?
A fancy dress!
20.   What is your favorite after-school snack?
Pop tarts (either homemade or regular)
21.   What do you usually do right after school?
Say “Mommy can I have a snack?” then I eat a snack. Then I do my homework.
22.   What else would you like to remember about this year? A funny story?
Erin said “knock knock- who’s there- owen- owen who? Oh when the saints go marching in!”
(What else?)
I said, “Peter do you want mama?”  And he was like “Mama, yaya!”
(Anything else?)
Mrs. E gave us popsicles for NO reason AT ALL!

Friends
23.   If you fell on the playground, who would come running to help you?
Bekah
24.   Who likes to make everybody laugh?
Erin
25.   Who likes to wear fancy clothes to school?
Me and Bekah
26.   Who likes to get dirty?
Everyone besides me and Bekah
27.   If you started a snowball fight, who would join you?
Everyone! My class is just wild about snowball fights!
28.   If I told you someone had to stay in for recess, who would you guess it was?
Let’s see… mmmm a boy.
29.   Who runs the fastest?
Mackenzie and Austin
30.   Who talks the loudest?
Lydia and Noah (they like YELL!)
31.   If you needed someone to help you with your homework, who would you ask?
Erin
32.   If you were sad and needed someone to talk to, who would you choose?
Bekah
33.   If you could spend a week with somebody else’s family, what family would you choose?
Mackenzie’s
God’s care
34.   Do you remember any of your memory verses? Do you have a favorite?
Jesus died for all. 2 Corinthians 5:15
That’s my favorite.
35.   Did you have prayer time at school? What are some of the things you prayed for?
Yes. Aunt Carrie, Mrs. Vandercar and their babies.
Kristie Wessel and her sister
Lydia’s mom (because she was in a car accident)
Kitty because he hurt his leg.
36.   Did God answer any of those prayers?
Yes. Well, kitty got feeling better and Lydia’s mom is OK (But not super.) The babies are growing healthy!
37.   Do you think you will like school next year? Why or why not?
Yes, because we are getting a new teacher! We have the new teacher that is coming and we don’t even know who she is yet! Or he. Hopefully the teacher is very fun.  We will get two new kids, too! And I even know one of the names, wait, no, two of the names! Conner and Joshua. But I don’t remember the last name. I’m going to remember Joshua very well! It’s my dad’s name!
38.   What do you think will be different next year?
Having 2 new kids and a different teacher!
New seats. Fourth grade math, fourth grade spelling, fourth grade everything!
We will have recess with the big kids.
No recess with Aggie (frown)
The only time I’ll have recess with Aggie again is when I’m in SIXTH grade! And seventh and eighth.
39.   Did God take care of you at school this year? What did He do?
Yes. He gave me friends; He gave me teachers; He gave me Mrs. Buss; He gave me Mrs. Becky; He gave me a playground; He gave  me a gym; He gave me teachers that tell us when there are tornado warnings; He gave me ART; Memory verses; the Bible and Jesus! And that’s it. And family.
40.   What do you like about summer?
I like ALMOST peace and quiet J (boys!)
I like to be with my family; I like to swim in the pool and at the lake house.
I like to go with my grandparents to Great Wolf Lodge and Pretty Lake.
And I get to go to Camp Lakeview! And Bump’s Cabin!
And VBS.
And Katelyn gets to come over every Tuesday, so I’ll get to see her! And I’ll get to see ALL the people in my class at Camp Lakeview from June 3 to 8!!!
And I’ll get to tease the boys. Especially Austin. (hahahahaha!)

Thank you, God, for blessing me during this school year. Thank you for my teachers, principal, and pastor. Thank you for all of my friends. Please watch over all of them, and me too, this summer.  Thank You for Your unbreakable, never-stopping, deeper-than-the-ocean love for me. Thank you for always watching over me, Your dear child.
In the name of Jesus, Amen.




1 comment:

Kat said...

Emily I love looking at these interviews from Agnes and Rainy there so intertaining.It gave me a huge smile when I saw the picture of Rainy, Enola ,and Deandra.hope to see you soon ,wink wink. love Kathryn