Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

pre-vacation vacation

This week I am enjoying a pre-vacation vacation! Grammy Pammy has Lorraine, Marcus and Eldon up in Michigan! They are enjoying family time (and exhausting their Grammy and Bump I am sure) while they wait for us to join them this Sunday.

Meanwhile, Aggie and Seth and I are having a ball! (When we are not coughing and blowing our noses at least.) We are doing very civilized things: we play board games, we go grocery shopping, we go to the park without a diaper bag, we even eat in public! Today we went to the library, and we even got to READ BOOKS while we were AT the library! That might sound pretty mundane, but that is usually something I do not try when I also have an Eldon and a Marcus on the loose!


Here are some pictures from the air show we went to two weeks ago. It sure was hot that day!

These are the three that are gone... my what a big hole there is in our home when some are missing!


I am getting packed for Michigan and preparing for the LWML conference this weekend. I will leave tomorrow, then Josh and the kids will meet me on Sunday and we will head to MI for vacation! First we are going to "Bump's cabin" in Northern Michigan. The weather said to expect highs in the seventies and lows around 55/60. That sounds SO nice!

PS The picture at the top was FOUR years ago, when Lorraine and Aggie were flower girls in Aunt Katie's wedding! I think that is the last time they actually wore peacock feathers in their hair!

1 comment:

Ann H. said...

I'm sure you won't see this until you get back, but have a wonderful time at the LWML convention (I'm assuming that's what you're going to). I went to the Kansas district convention in April as a Young Women's Representative and I had a great time. Remember when we went to the Michigan one? That was a wonderful time, too.