Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Third Birthday Seth!

To Seth, my third baby and my first son,


Seth, you are the child that teaches me to see things from a different perspective. From the very beginning this was true- you were the first baby to teach me the JOY of an epidural! It was so great I considered naming you "epidural," but I realize now you probably wouldn't have liked that. I'm all for unusual names, but it is possible to go too far.

You have always been very different from your sisters. As a baby we called you "meatball" because you were so bulky compared to the girls! (above, Seth at six months)


As all boys do, you love to smash and pound and destroy! I know this is often said about boys, but I am continually amazed at how often I say “WHAT is he doing? That would have NEVER occurred to the girls!”

(above and below, Seth at 1yr old)

Your boyishness has inspired me to learn the difference between a tractor and a back hoe. When I get the details wrong, you are now quick to correct me (Silly mommy!)

You share a special bond with your daddy in your love of things mechanical. You also share some obsessive-compulsive qualities....

For instance, you still refuse to sleep with his pillow upside down. You also do not want mismatched pjs or clothes on backwards. If someone teases you about these things, you laugh and play along “No daddy!” but your laughter is mixed with a sort of panic- even daddy doesn't push you too hard!



On occasion you follow me around when I am working around the house so you can close cupboards and drawers after me. “Are you done with that yet mama? Can I close it?”

You are a great big brother to Marcus and have taught him many wonderful boy things in the past year! You LOVE sharing a room and have started getting in trouble at bedtime on a regular basis!

Here you are at age 2 with that great curly hair we all miss! Your daddy has since taught you how to 'be a man' and have short hair!

Daddy told you that you get bigger muscles as you grow up, especially when you put poop in the potty. So after his potty successes you give '5' as hard as you can, then with a twinkle in your eye you ask “that hurt you mommy?” I say yes and shake off the 'pain' while you grin as big as you can!



Happy third birthday, little man! Mom and dad love you so!

No comments: