Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Garden

I feel like showing off my garden- check it out Mom and Dad!

Bed #1- Left to right
Sweet peas, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, spinach

Lettuce and Spinach on the right- this is the first planting and it has mostly been harvested and eaten! Will plant more here next week!


Also, did you know you can eat broccoli leaves and carrot greens?
I have no excuse! Getting those veggies IN!

Bed #2
Left: Green Beans- maybe they will really make it this year!
In the middle- lettuce, second planting- it grew too fast!  
Finally, tomatoes (there are a few green ones already!)


Lettuce abundance,
plus a couple volunteer tomato plants. 
I just can't pull them out! We will eat around them!


Bed #3

Peppers (you can't see them, but they're on the far left)
Tomatos
Finally, potatoes! These were from the store, sprouted in the kitchen, so we planted them early.  They took up this whole bed, but I took most of them out so we could grow more tomatoes! I





Finally, next to the house- zucchini and cucumber plants!



Veggies and green everywhere! It almost makes a person want to eat healthy food! (Along with the chips, of course.)

No comments: