Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

How was summer camp, Lorraine?


1.       What did you normally do first thing in the morning? When did you wake up?  I woke up at 7:15 to take my morning shower. The other girls woke up at 7:30. The first thing we did was get dressed and then go to breakfast.
2.      What did you do after breakfast?  We did “cabin clean-up” and that’s when you have to sweet the floors and make your bed and stuff like that.
Get the questions here
3.      Tell me your favorite foods at camp. Was there anything you didn’t like?  My three favorite foods were pizza, chicken nuggets, and waffles and bacon. I didn’t not like anything.
4.      Tell me three things about your counselor.  She’s pretty.  Her name is Pinky. She loves pink. She is really fun and she is an awesome counselor.
5.      What did you do in the afternoons?  We rode horses and did archery and did recreation with our family cabin.
6.      Tell me about some of the games you played.  We played Dr. Dodge ball, Steal the Bacon and Chaos vs. Control. Those were my three favorites.
7.      Did you do anything at camp that you have NEVER done before? How did it go?  This year I didn’t know everybody in my cabin. I met four new girls. The girls were really nice and very talkative! They were shy at first but once they got to know me they started talking a lot, and I mean a LOT!
8.     Who did you sit with at mealtimes?  I always sat by Pinky and Karla
9.      Tell me about at least one new friend you made.  One of my new friends is Lynne. She came in the same time Karla did and so they got to be friends first thing. She looked just like me except she had long straight hair. She is very talkative and always jumped up on your back!!!
10.  Did you grow closer to any of your other friends?  Yes- Mackenzie.
11.   What did you do after dinner?  We had dessert. (Haha) After dessert we (hee hee hoo hoo) um, we had TBA- no- yeah- TBA. That’s “to be announced.” So it was always something different.
12.  Did you have any snacks? Before free time and after TBA.
13.  Tell me something you learned about God.  We can help God with our hands our feet and most of our senses.
14.  What did you do during rest time?  I wrote Karla notes and she wrote them back to me for all the days except for two. One day I took a nap, and the other day I wrote to Mackenzie and she wrote back to me.
15.   Did you read or write anything this week?  Did I ever!  I wrote a story called “My imagination” and it’s about me walking on a beach and it is sunset and no one else is there and out of nowhere I see a dog-monkey-dolphin-tiger-shark-seahorse!!!  Then I wake up.
16.  Were you ever scared at night?  I was scared the first night and that was because I didn’t have my mommy-doll. Then I was scared Thursday night because that was when we raided the canteen and I was really scared of the llamas!  The llamas are robots and they are only outside the cabin area and they have lazer eyes so if they hear you pounding on the ground they will come up and shoot you with their laser eyes. But it will just hurt you not kill you.
17.   Did the kids in your cabin get along well?  Most of the time yes!
18.  Who were your three favorite staff people?  Pinky (my counselor), Jennifer (my jr. counselor), and Matt (my family cabin counselor)
19.  Tell me three of your favorite camp songs.  Lions, Blind Man, and Prince of Peace
20. Did you get any mail or email from anyone? What did they say?  I got a lot of email! I got lots from mom, a couple from grandma, one from dad, one from Aunt Mary Anne, and one from Aunt Amy. I liked getting emails!
21.  Tell me a funny story.  Josh my family cabin jr. counselor went on the zip line and while he was on the zip line his shoes fell off and came flying down! They almost hit Mackenzie on the head!
22. Did anything sad happen? Did you or anyone else get homesick or injured?  Karla got homesick- she missed her mom! Aden fell through all through the week- at least three times every day!
23. Did you pack everything you needed?  I packed what I needed!
24. Tell me about another new friend you made this week.  Abby. She was very nice and her braces were glow-in-the-dark!
25.  What was campfire like?  Campfire was really fun! We sang lots of songs and they always did a funny skit!
26. Tell me something else you learned during camp devotions.  I learned that we can help God by using our hands to pray and lead people the way if they are deaf.
27.  Did you ever stay up talking after lights out?  No we weren’t allowed to and after 10:45 Pinky let us have flashlight time until 11. Then we went to sleep.
28. If you go to camp again, what do you want to do again next year?  I definitely want to ride horses, do the zip line, and jump off the Black Pearl.
29. Is there anything you don’t want to do again next year?  No!
30.  Tell me the absolute best thing about camp this year.  HORSES!  My horses name was Thunder. He was a really good horse! But one day when I tried to get on him- we didn’t know he was asleep, so when the wrangler touched him, he JUMPED!


Thank you God for giving me a great week at camp! Thank you for the counselors and staff who worked together to make everything happen, and for all the people who give money to the camp ministry.  Thank you for the time I got to spend in Your creation, meeting new friends and having fun with old friends. Thank you for all the things I learned from Your Word, and most of all, thank you for the gift of your son Jesus. Amen


1 comment:

Kat said...

Im glad Lorraine had a good time at camp!!!I hope to see you all his summer sometime . I Love You All,Kathryn