Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter pics, sort of

This year, for Easter, we made it to church. To me, that's about the extent of our accomplishments.

My crew and I...
One in short pants, one who kept ripping off his velcro tie, another who kept losing his shoes (I just gave up eventually so he sat through the service in his socks), and me with my stain on my shirt, noticed after church of course.

And people would say "Oh how nice everybody looks today!" and I think we just have some very gracious folks in our church family.


Well, they're not models, 
but I guess they are pretty cute.

No photo shoot today, but I snapped a couple of pictures on the fly.


Little man on the run with his not-a-bottle.

Kids waiting in line for Easter breakfast:


Sadly, this is the only photo I got of Marcus- the top of his head.
He really did look quite fetching in his "batman suit," even if it is getting a bit too small.

A last-ditch "up against the wall and smile" effort after church:


Lorraine was glad to pose for me.


By that time, everyone was so hungry they simply could NOT go on for one more minute, so I put the camera away and started lunch.

I do have one more kid, but I didn't get a picture of him. (Eldon)
I think he was on the floor howling for food. Not the best photo op.

I took a wonderful nap with my not-a-baby Peter today, and he even consented to snuggles.  

Later, he went outside with the big kids.  I looked out the window and saw him, still in his suit, sitting down in my garden and digging in the dirt.

Did I make him stop? Nah.
I owed him one for those snuggles.

2 comments:

Melrose said...

Hey, at least you didn't completely forget your camera...sigh. :) Thankfully I have a couple people looking out for me at church who know I always forget my camera and took family shots for us. I too forced "up against the wall and smile" when we got home. :)

Mary said...

We didn't get any Easter pics this year :-( Didn't even go to church. It was the most un-Easter Sunday I've ever had.