Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, August 15, 2011

After school


What was your favorite thing today?

Lorraine:”I liked that I didn’t have any homework yet!” “It’s weird being in third grade.  I’m upstairs, and the fourth graders come in for part of the day.  It feels like I’m in fifth grade or something! Can I have another twinkie?

Aggie: “I liked all of it.  Me and Lilly showed the teacher our trick on the monkey bars.”  She then showed me the Arthur books she brought home, and sat quietly reading them while she ate her snack.

Seth: “I liked playing with my best friend Gus. And look at this smelly monkey sticker!!!”  He told me all about the story about the gorillas called “Go Bananas,” and showed me his minor playground injury.  "I know how to cross the monkey bars now too mom.  So can I have another Twinkie too?" 

My favorite thing today?
A quiet confession from my brave kindergartener:
“Mommy, I missed you at naptime.  I cried a little bit about it too, but nobody saw me.” 

He held my hand as we walked home.

No comments: