Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Aggie-versary

I can't skip the blogging on a day like this!
I almost forgot about it, such as been the constant blessings of health towards Aggie!

July 15 marks TWO years since Aggie's surgery!
TWO years of seizure freedom and health!



Oh Aggie, this morning I sat on the big swing with the little boys, and you performed your gymnastics on the bars of the swing set for me.  You just amaze me, dear one.  This week will mark 2 years since your brain surgery.  2 years ago I never would have let you go on the bars like that, knowing a seizure could strike you at any minute.  

Images of seizing Aggie, dying Aggie, are still vivid in my mind.  They stimulate both fear and rebellion as I watch you on those bars today.  It is not impossible that epilepsy could overtake you again, right now, and that scares me to death.  And yet, I rebel against that, and rejoice with you in your good health, and am so happy that you can be allowed to take risks once again.  The sickness that was stealing your moments, your voice, your mind, even your breath, and almost took you away completely has been silenced- so climb, swing, delight, rejoice my hummingbird!  Laugh at my gasps as you always have, and smile that bright smile while I pray, for the millionth time, Jesus hold Aggie close!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Two years??? In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like so long ago...

Praying for many more seizure-free years!

Emily Cook said...

Yes, I agree- it was yesterday, it was a lifetime ago...

thank you for the prayers :)

Melrose said...

Two of my dear friends have little ones with seizure disorders. In fact one of my best friends has several children with a genetic disorder that cause them. I have witnessed two of her children in such states and it was one of the most helpless horrible feelings ever. I wanted to simultaneously wrap my arms around my friend while at the same time save her children who I often feel are my own. Prayers ascend for you little one that she never again has to endure such trials.

Emily Cook said...

Melrose
I am so sorry to hear about those other kids. It is hard for me to imagine something much worse than seizures, than holding a child and waiting and begging for the seizure to let go already...

We found our help and GodS mercy through cleveland clinic, but we still hold our breaths as she has to continue frequent mris due to the strangeness of her tumor.

God was faithful through that darkness, though I'd much rather he had taken us around the darkness instead... His faithfulness is the only thing left to cling to.

I wrote a book about it, and hope a publisher shows up at my doorstep someday...

Prayers for your friends, and will share my story if u think it would be helpful. Just email.