Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Vacation Bible School

  

The one time of year that I humble myself to sing in public.  Ugh.  
At least the little ones aren't as discerning, though I did get one comment!  During the Bible lesson I sang a little verse, and one girl said "That was pretty." Then another girl said, "That was BAD."  
She may have just been in the mood to be contrary.  
Or not. :)



That aside, I had a great time teaching the Bible stories to the littlest ones!

This is also the time of year that I remember how much I appreciate full time teachers!  One week a year and I'm ready for "summer!"

For the kids, it is an enormous fun party.  I'm glad for that.  

Why not celebrate this awesome church family and God's promises and summer and hippos together?


Hippos?  An odd thing to throw in the mix, I agree.  But we had fun with it.






A Jungle Adventure!  You don't even need a jungle to have an adventure with this many kids!

Great job volunteers!  Another successful year!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Our church currently doesn't do VBS, but we're hoping to change that. I guess they used to, but have gotten out of the habit. Hoping we can fix that for next summer...