Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life is good at the cabin.

I didn't even ask if there would be coffee in the cupboard.

It's my parent's cabin. Of course there will be coffee in the cupboard. There was, and I drink it now. Just as I breathe in the constant breath God gives me daily, I drink my parent's constant coffee, and I am cared-for.

Of course a hotel would have also provided coffee for me, but I wouldn't get to drink that coffee out of my dad's chipped mug that says "I'd rather be golfing." The wonderful hot shower wouldn't have been that same shower I used when I was fourteen, the shower that brings memories of soggy swimsuits, and washing away beach sand and a little wet sister pleading "Don't use all the hot water!"

I inhale the trees, the crisp cool chirping air, and the sweet memories.


It is good to be a kid.



No comments: