Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, April 25, 2011

decipher me this

"Hey mama!  Look, I ate "squat!""

Hm, has he been told recently that he 'didn't eat squat?' I wonder. 
So I say, "Oh really!  What's squat?"

"It's syrup."

(Note that he has no syrup on his plate.  Only chicken nuggets and grapes.)

"How did you eat syrup when you don't have any syrup on your plate?"

He looks at me, obviously assuming this mother of his has never gone to school or even opened a book, and states with authority, "Squat can be Ranch too."

Get with it mama.

4 comments:

Pastor Joshua Cook said...

If I had to bet which of our 6 children said this, my money would be on Marcus!

Emily Cook said...

You got it! I love getting glimpses into his... creative little mind!

Melrose said...

Our middle son, who is on and off again potty training came up to my husband and said, "dad, put diaper on me!" We both answered, "you don't need a diaper". He said, "es! diaper! My car is ticking to my tushy!" ummm...lol. We then figured out he was trying to drive his little tykes car and well, the seat was sticking to his tushy :) love that kid. Thanks for the chuckle :)

Emily Cook said...

Melrose:
haha that's great! It's always so surprising to finally figure out their little train of thought... they look at the world in such a different way!