Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Through daddy's eyes

I love those moments when I get a glimpse of the way the kids see the world. I just don't think like a kid any longer, so I am constantly surprised by their perpective.  But it was my husband, not my children, that surprised me with his perspective yesterday.


"He's got the whole world, in His hands...." sang Seth in the van.

Being both parents and nerds, my husband and I smiled at Seth's cuteness, then proceeded to discuss the more obvious issue:

Is that song gramatically correct?


He HAS GOT the whole world in His hands!? Good concept, bad use of the English language!

Josh sighed.

"Don't worry honey, it's not as bad as the other song I'm teaching them," I smiled. "You know, the song The Devil Ain't Nuthin?"


He sucked in his breath and tried to keep his eyes on the road. "Um... You're not... You're kidding, right?"


I am not sure what this says about me, but I think it is fantastic that he actually had to make sure about that.

No comments: