Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

on getting sidetracked....

It is so easy to get sidetracked. It's so easy to get distracted by the little things; doing laundry, cleaning the house, checking emails, It's easy to become a passive parent. I hardly notice when the kids start pushing the boundaries, until one day I wake up and realize that my kids have become completely unruly and downright uppity.

And for their sakes, I realize I must get back to basics, and become an active parent again.

It is so easy to get sidetracked. It's so easy to get distracted by the little things: raising kids, working, paying the bills. It's easy to become a passive citizen. I hardly noticed when the government start pushing the boundaries, until today, I woke up and realized our politicians have become completely unruly and downright uppity.

And for the country's sake, I realize I must get back to basics, and become an active citizen again.

2 comments:

Ann H. said...

Amen...the politicians certainly are completely unruly and downright uppity. It's scaring me.

Ann H. said...

By the way, you might find this site very informative, and grounded in the basics: www.patriotpost.us