Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Friday, August 7, 2009

monkey'ing around!

The work of "re-education" and "obedience training" continues- the kids have learned a few new words in the process too! No, not those words... but you can ask them what "solitary confinement" is and I bet even Marcus could tell you! I taught them that during a speech I like to call "Being in the same room with your other siblings is a privilege not a right!!!!!!!!"

We have a good deal of water in the basement at the moment... so instead of dwelling on it (we have to wait until the ground is not so saturated then it should drain!) my strategy has been to STAY OUTSIDE as much as possible! Yesterday we went to Seymour to return a movie and ended up stopping at a park, then leaving that one to find another park (with potties), then returning the movies, then going to Wendy's, then stopping at another park! I earned my rest last night!


Pictures from our latest monkey adventures:



Miss Schneider came over for Lorraine's home visit, and of course Lorraine is very excited to start school next week! (Yes, next week for those of you in the land of Michigan... we really do start that early down here!)

Of course Aggie had to get in on the picture too! And the conversation, and the hugs (along with the others!) I'm sure glad Miss Schneider has the patience for lots and lots of little ones!


Seth is getting ready to try a few new things at the playground... which means his injuries are more frequent, and of course his screams are louder! He sure is not the toughest little boy I know! But he is pretty funny.... the other day he had a very vivid dream about his brand new running shoes. He woke up sputtering: "Mommy my running shoes! they ran away! and we had to chase them in the van- you drove and I sat on your lap to steer- then they FELL in a HOLE! " I guess we finally got them by the end of the dream. PHEW!

And here is Miss Aggie, enjoying her seizure freedom! Yes, this scares me to death... but seizure-free Aggie is actually quite coordinated and capable- and it sure is nice to see her so active! (most of the time!)
Marcus likes to monkey around like the rest of them when he can! My favorite things he says at the moment: "AWESOME!" and "DOG GONNIT!"
An ideal summer day!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Emily,

It really warms my heart to see these pictures... what a long road to get here, though! You are in my thoughts and prayers - I'm glad to see that you're figuring out a new and more healthy normal for this season of life. Love you!