Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, July 13, 2009

our shield

As we were going up the elevator to our first appointment this morning Aggie said, "When will we get some cotton candy?" I thought she was just being goofy, but Josh said "she thinks we are still going to the fair."

(Ok honey that's not what I needed to hear right before we go to hear the details of your surgery! I'm having a hard enough time keeping the tears back!)


"There's an owie in Aggie's head that causes her seizures, and the doctors are going to fix it."

That's what we are telling her and the other kids... and really I would probably be just fine knowing only those details too! But we got the meat of it from the surgeon today, and it was actually less stressful then I thought it would be. (Maybe because I've been having ugly visions of brain surgery since last October? ) They are going in right above her ear on the right side. They think they can get the entire tumor without causing damage... and the seem optimistic that this will stop her seizures, though it is not a guarantee. Recovery will take at least a week, one night in the ICU, followed by an MRI, followed by recovery in another area of the hospital, then home with some activity restrictions for several weeks -no swimming! :( and minimal rough-housing- anyone who knows how crazy our house is knows what kind of a challenge that will be!


We left at 6am to get to Cleveland this morning. Here is Aggie sleeping in the van (she actually slept until 830!)


She finds rest and comfort in the little things: her pillow, her blanket, her buddies... I am finding some rest and comfort in this Word from God:

He is our shield.
Lord, shield me tonight from fear and worry, from anxiety about Aggie's future, from grief about her condition, from sadness about being away from the other kids. Fill my heart with hope for the future, faith in You, confidence in Your love for us. Give me rest and peace tonight, and equip me to do the works of love that you have prepared for me tomorrow. Hold us close to you Lord.
I ask this not only for myself but also for Aggie, for her daddy, for the other kids, and for all our dear friends who share this burden with us. Amen.


No comments: