Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Good morning from Aggie!

Here's Aggie all hooked up to the EEG and ready for bed! She is still sound asleep this morning. I am glad to see she is getting some good rest!

The poor girl absolutely hates getting the EEG leads put on her head. It doesn't hurt, but they draw on her head, then use glue and an air gun to dry the glue. Something about the sensation makes her absolutely bonkers- she screamed bloody murder for a good half hour I think. She calmed down about half way through (was it exhaustion?) Josh said that was an improvement over the last time she had this done.

Other than that she is doing fine. I love watching how she makes everyone here laugh by just being her! For example, a nurse came in last night- she walked up to the bed and before she could say anything -
"I'm called Aggie."
"Well hi Aggie! I'm called Elaine... Queen Elaine. Are you princess Aggie?"
(very serious) "NO. I'm called Aggie.... And I'm Peter Pan."
"Oh, well it's nice to meet you Aggie Peter Pan!"
"I'm Aggie Sue Cook. Aggie Peter Pan. Aggie Sue Cook Peter Pan." (huge Aggie smile)

I was on duty in the room last night. I am so glad Josh and I can take turns so neither of us get too burned out! Why do they draw blood at five am, and always send someone loud and chipper to wake everyone up?! But those things are easier to bear if I see them as a small contribution towards Aggie getting better!


Little Eldon is also making people smile, flirting as much as possible with anyone who walks in the room. When he is not flirting he is making certain mommy is holding him... he seems very unsettled away from home.
So today we are just here, hanging out, the people with the kids with the strange names, waiting for seizures. She has nothing scheduled for today other than sitting here on the EEG, so we will take turns entertaining each of the kiddos.

Will post more later, Aggie is up now and wanting her own computer time! Thank you all for the prayers- I am certain God is upholding us every second!

No comments: