Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Advent-ures!

What a busy week!
Friday we had some of our friends stay after the moms group and for lunch- what fun! By the way, eight kids sure feels like a lot when you're not used to it! Feeding them lunch sure was a feat! Perhaps this is how "normal" people feel when they watch all four of my kids!?



Lorraine, Agnes and Seth are busy practicing for the Christmas Eve children's service. Performing seems intuitive to them- during one of their "rehearsals" in the girls bedroom they took all the robes off of the coat hanger and used it as a microphone stand!


I am so glad to be done with my baking marathon- most of the treats have been delivered! Of course I got done just in time to spend a day sitting under sick kids- today was one of those days! Lorraine threw up in the morning, and the others were whiney and off all day today- I think they are fighting it too. Marcus was CRAZY hyper, so I was very thankful for "Aunt Mary Anne" who took him to play at her house all day long!


We are all getting so very excited for Christmas! We can't wait to experience our first "White Creek" Christmas services. My family will be down for the weekend, and Josh's next week- weather permitting of course! My mom said it was so bad in MI this week they had to call the plows off the roads! Weird to think of all that snow when we can still see the grass here. And it is supposed to be 53 this weekend! Maybe I should ask my mom to bring a bag of snow in a cooler just so the kids don't forget what it looks like!

1 comment:

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

Sounds like you had FUN!!! It was only 8 kids ten less than the Duggars! Hope you are enjoying your warm southern Indiana Christmas. We are currently freezing our tailfeathers off around here. Love you and Miss you!!