Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The bird adventure


Monday morning, with only three kids, and big ones at that.
(Relatively big that is. Big enough to take to town, to two stores, and consider it fun, if a workout.)

First, WalMart
"Look-- A TRUCK!"
"A BANANA!"
"Hey mom, CHEERIOS!"

It's all so exciting, so worth the constant excited yells.



Then, the pet store.
"THE PET STORE!" yelled Enola.
"I've NEVER BEEN to the PET STORE!"


"Hey mom, FISH!!!"

"Hey guys, what do you say we get a bird?"
"A bird? Silly mama." Peter was sure I was joking.

But I wasn't!


Eldon had the honor of riding home with the bird on his lap. 



Of course, when we got home, I had to let the others take turns carrying it.
For some reason, she was quite squawky when we finally took her out!


This my mom's old bird cage, and I think it was my grandma's before that. 
Several of my birdies had their homes here when I was little.

I wanted to name her something that related to my mom and grandma- Jeannie bird? Nana bird?
Theresa? Those didn't seem right.

Grandma's last name was Isbell-
Aha!

Welcome home, Izzy!




We're all so happy to see you...



No comments: