Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Is summer really over?

Is summer really over already? I can't accept it.

Friday morning I was grumping around the house, trying to figure out what to do with these kids all day. I had a run, a very unsatisfying run- interrupted by a very nasty "big boy" accident, in borrowed undies no less, so there were two boys crying.

"I know what we can do today, mom!" said Marcus. "We can GO to TOWN!"
"No, Marcus, we're NOT going to town.." I snarled. Doesn't he know how much I have to do today? But then, wait... wait. Maybe we just will.

It ss the LAST Friday before school starts!  What am I thinking, spending it HOME and grumpy?

So we ditched the house and went to town. One last hurrah with everyone before schedules and homework and school.  And hurrah we did.  Here are some highlights.

Kids commons:











(He was pretty nervous! Didn't quite make it to the top, but he said, "I gave it my best!"


Pizza at the Commons


Escalator, just for fun...
(we make a scene wherever we go, whatever we do- why not embrace it?!)


Finally, ice cream.
This guy had to be hosed down!



No comments: