Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Monday, June 18, 2012

A note to the kids, from Oliver


Hi kids.
We kinda miss you around here.

Today, mom told me she missed you so much, she wanted ME to be her kid.
She told me I had to act like you guys.

So I tried to drive your car... 


but it was too big for me.

So we just had some wrestle time. 
But I'm not very ticklish, and mom doesn't like when I bite her feet.

Instead, we played hide-n-seek in the basement.


She found me.


She found me again.


Then  mom said we had to do our jobs.
She told me to clean my bathroom.


I didn't obey.

Instead, I played with some of my friends.


We put on some Taylor Swift and danced all around the room.

Then, I got hungry.


Really hungry.


Mom saw me pigging out like that, so she sent me to my room...
I mean, the boy's room.

Hey, I didn't know birds lived in here!


Bird, do you know mom sent me in here just because I was eating?
I'm SO angry!


You're angry, too?


We decided to be friends.

Finally mom let me out.
She said it was time for me to practice my piano.


I'm not very good.


And it's a little scary up here.


Can I watch TV now, mom?
Mom said I could...
but I couldn't figure out how to use the remote.


She mom said she'd play a game with me.
We tried to play Sorry, but I didn't get it,
so we played with toys instead.



Then, I got ready for bed.
I crawled in my hiding place, and then I folded my hands to pray for you guys.
Then, I blew mom a kiss, and said goodnight.
(Well, I tried to say that, but it sounded more like "Meow!")


Goodnight Lorraine, Aggie, Seth, Marcus, Eldon and Peter!






3 comments:

Airmansstar said...

That's adorable... and I totally just read it out loud to Luke... in a cutesey kitty voice... and he said "that's cute."

Emily Cook said...

lol Katie! :)

james and michele said...

in that pic of the two of you, you can really see how he has your eyes.

and you aren't bored without the kids are you?! :P