Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Interview with a Kindergartner!


Name Seth
Age 6
Grade K

1.       This school year is over. How do you feel about that?
Sad. Because I like school!
2.       How was this year different from last year?
Because I’m getting bigger! I went to school 3 days every week!

In the classroom
3.       What did you like most about your teacher?
She’s nice. I like Mrs. Barnett AND Mrs. Meyer.
4.       Who do you like to sit by in class?
Austin
5.       What is your favorite subject? Why?
Math. I just like it.
6.       Name two books that you read this year that you liked. What did you like about these books?
Scooby Do and the pirate book that we got from the bookmobile. It was scary and there was a sea monster.
I can’t think of any more. I don’t want you to write that! MOMMY!!!! Erase it! Hee hee hee!
7.       Did you have any extra helping jobs in your classroom this year? What were they?
I did every single job. Milk helper with Sara and Tyler; and I did the lights.
8.       What jobs did you like? What jobs did you dislike?
I liked milk helper. There were no jobs I didn’t like. I liked being a messenger.
9.       Who do you play with at recess?
Caleb a lot. Austin and all of the boys.
10.   What is your favorite thing to do when recess is outdoors?
Monkey bars
11.   What is your favorite thing to do when recess in indoors?
Go around the gym walls
12.   What was the best birthday treat you had this year? Do you remember whose birthday that was?
Austin’s cupcakes!
13.   What songs do you sing at school? Tell me three of your favorites.
None. I don’t like any.
14.   Tell me about the one field trip this year.
Appleworks!  We got apples and rode on a tractor in a trailer.
15.   What was your favorite lunch?
Chicken legs
16.   Did you like art class? What was your favorite project?
Yes. I don’t know.
17.   What was the best thing about music class?
Drawing music.
18.   Did you learn anything about computers this year? What?
Yes. Computer class. We just did computer lab.  We did a cross.
19.   If you could only wear one outfit to school for a week, what would you wear?
Green shorts and John Deere shirt
20.   What is your favorite after-school snack?
Chocolate granola bars
21.   What do you usually do right after school?
Watch TV
22.   What else would you like to remember about this year? A funny story?
A mice scares a teacher and a teacher jumps over the fence when they go on a field trip around the school. (It’s a book we read! It’s funny!)

Friends
23.   If you fell on the playground, who would come running to help you?
I think all the boys and some of the girls.
24.   Who likes to make everybody laugh?
Gus
25.   Who likes to wear fancy clothes to school?
Nobody. Well, Emma.
26.   Who likes to get dirty?
Gus
27.   If you started a snowball fight, who would join you?
Austin and Gus cuz Gus is friends with Austin
28.   If I told you someone had to stay in for recess, who would you guess it was?
nobody
29.   Who runs the fastest?
Caleb, he’s the oldest
30.   Who talks the loudest?
Gus
31.   If you needed someone to help you with your homework, who would you ask?
Lorraine. (Anyone in your class?) Caleb. He’s the oldest.
32.   If you were sad and needed someone to talk to, who would you choose?
Nobody.
33.   If you could spend a week with somebody else’s family, what family would you choose?
Calebs

God’s care
34.   Do you remember any of your memory verses? Do you have a favorite?
No (we didn’t do those this year.)
35.   Did you have prayer time at school? What are some of the things you prayed for?
Yes. We prayed for Otis (our dog who died), Snickers (Nana’s dog), When Marcus and Eldon and Peter were sick we prayed for them
36.   Did God answer any of those prayers?
Yes.
37.   Do you think you will like school next year? Why or why not?
Yes. Because I want to go in first grade!
38.   What do you think will be different next year?
Homework! I’ll go every day. Lorraine won’t be at recess. Miss Schneider.
39.   Did God take care of you at school this year? What did He do?
Yes. He fed me.
40.   What do you like about summer?
Go swimming in the pool!


Thank you, God, for blessing me during this school year. Thank you for my teachers, principal, and pastor. Thank you for all of my friends. Please watch over all of them, and me too, this summer.  Thank You for Your unbreakable, never-stopping, deeper-than-the-ocean love for me. Thank you for always watching over me, Your dear child.  In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Want to do your own interview? Get your questions here

No comments: