Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

To Seth, on your sixth birthday


Dear Seth,

You are still my little blue-eyed baby!



Today, we got to have some special "Mommy time." Marcus and Eldon went to preschool for a few hours, so you and I went shopping. Peter was there too, but he doesn't count. He doesn't clamor for attention like the other two boys.  Plus, you think he's incredibly cute. (He is.)


We went to Target so that you could spend your birthday money. It was quite nice to be able to take our time shopping.  We walked through the store for an hour, and I didn't have to break up a single fight!

You are a big kid, now. You're a school kid. You read books and play "sports."  You used your birthday money to buy yourself a new basketball. 

"Honey, you could always borrow one of the basketballs at school..."
"But mom, those basketballs are so dirty," you said.

I couldn't argue with that.  You also bought a small truck with a trailer that hauls 2 tiny motorcycles. You would much rather have bought yourself a real truck. It is going to be a long wait for you.

At your request, Nana bought you a new skateboard for your birthday.


"Mommy, I think when I'm bigger, like 21 or something, I might be able to ride on my new skateboard and dribble my basketball at the SAME TIME!" 

Maybe, son! 
Keep practicing!


One of my favorite memories with you when we were in Florida. I know, you don't like to stick out in a crowd, or to act crazy like your brothers and sisters do. But you were swept up with the rest of us in Florida. You wore the tie-dyed shirt without complaining, and you even grabbed my hand and asked me to SKIP with you!  Like your daddy, I think you get a little intoxicated by the beautiful Florida air! 

Happy sixth birthday, Seth!
We love you!
Mommy 

No comments: