Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Morning


Peter sleeps through Sunday school, but the rest of them go, walking together, without me. Proud.

 Marcus’ pants are a little too high and he didn’t put on socks, but I don’t make him change. Seth is still fussing with his belt, and I notice his collar is tucked inside his shirt. I fix it and send him off, handsome.

Marcus and Eldon want to hold hands this morning, so they walk slowly. The others joke, “Lorraine will hold hands with Aggie, and Seth will take care of Seth this time, ok mommy?”

 The “big three” run ahead and wait at the stopping place. They turn around to see the “slow-pokes” and call to them, “hurry you guys! Run, run!” They run, holding hands, and I am sure someone is going to trip, sure it will be Eldon as he is dragged by Marcus, but he doesn’t.

Lorraine and Aggie are wearing spring clothes: skirts with a beautiful light blue color. Your joy and your clothes match the fresh air and the blooms of spring.

The horse is grazing across the street. The little ones catch up, finally, so Aggie and Seth run ahead. Lorraine bends down, and smiles at their smallness. She takes Eldon’s hand and becomes a “slow poke,” for their sakes.

I breathe in the morning air from the porch, smiling like a fool with my hand on my heart. This day.. these kids… it’s all so beautiful.

1 comment:

Melrose said...

these are the days... :)