Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Friday, September 9, 2011

humbled Marcus

He fell off his top bunk bed after dinner tonight, head first.  I knew by his cry it was an unusual injury.  He also did not want to keep his eyes open or move his body.  

Josh took him to the ER and  he started throwing up on the way.  (Daddy's poor car!)  I sent a text to Mary Anne and she rushed right over and encouraged me to go after them.  I knew Marcus had daddy to comfort him and he didn't really need me.... but this mommy heart just so badly wanted to be with him.  So I went.  How nice to have an auntie (and an army of church family) who care for my children to leave them with in a time like this.


Baby's first concussion
His CT was clear (phew!), so they sent him home "for observation."  We are supposed to bring him back for any new or worsening symptoms.  They said I could let him sleep if I wake him up every couple hours to make sure he knows who I am, etc.  I am preparing my "nurses's station" and getting ready for a long night of puke catching, observing, praying, and maybe a little sleeping :)

He is a lethargic blob, still throwing up, and scowling constantly.  He has no intention of getting off the couch, and speaks only to say "My forehead hurts," or "My tummy hurts."  They told us the throwing up may last a day or two.

Well, at least it's not contagious.

May God uphold him and all of us through this weekend!


"I shall lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Wow! Praying for you all!!!

Laura said...

Fell better soon Marcus! Praying for you! Love Laura Harris and Libby