Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today, we just survived!

Mommy, my tummy hurts so bad!  My tummy wants you to come and sit by me!




It has been a long and germ-filled day in the Cook house today.  Nothing like a little bit of sickness to remind me how selfish I am!  Nothing serious, just a bit of stomach flu for some, horrid coughs for others, pneumonia for the pastor, and cooped-up super energy for the ones without the ailments.  When the germs hit, I start out sympathetic and doting, but add in a headache for mama, and forget it! I am just plain all out of compassion by the end of the day! (Before the end of the day today!)  I hate those days when you work all day to meet needs and still nobody's satisfied at the end of it!

To wind down, I am indulging in a hobby of mine, and you can probably guess what it is!  Wow, now I have two blogs to play with when I want to neglect other things, yahoo!  I changed my Queenmommie background  to better coordinate with my springtime feelings, and just wait until you see what I can do with labels...  coming soon!  I know you are as excited as I am!

I think I'd better get to bed.


I am too tired to enumerate to the Lord exactly what I need to get through the day tomorrow, but I assume He knows I am all out of all of it.  I pray He will provide whatever it is I need as I sleep tonight.  How good that He is generous to me when I am empty of generosity.  

Into Your hands, O Lord, and into my bed, O head.

2 comments:

Hannah Carr said...

Whats your other blog??

Emily Cook said...

For our church: see the sidebar :)