Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Peace like a baby

The nappers were napping, or quiet if not
Dinner was simmering in the crock-pot
Big sisters in school, big brothers in bed
Small baby upon me, warm, happy, and fed

His breaths whispered softly, my shoulder was sodden,
But my lists and my worries were quickly forgotten.
I sat there with Peter, we sat there we two,
and I said, "How I love having nothing to do!"

See the plants- how they wither!  The  laundry- how smelly!
The puddles of milk and the splatters of jelly!
On the couches, the blobs and the boogers were showing
But the baby upon me, how fast was he growing!

Ignoring demands of the clutter and mess,
I stroked his soft head, and in quiet, was blessed,
to be warmed by new life, as with the sun's ray,
to simply be mommy for one moment today.



Go Tigers!

No comments: