Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

serving the multitude

Solomon's words (1 Kings 3:7-9) resonated with me today, as I consider the enormity of the task of motherhood, how often I fail at it, and how utterly unequipped I am for it. (My modifications in italics)

And now, O Lord my God, you have made your servant a mother ...although I am but a little child. I do not know how to go out or come in. And your servant is in the midst of your people whom you have chosen, a great people, too many to be numbered or counted for multitude. (It feels that way!) Give your servant therefore an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern this your great people?

These dear children are Your people, Lord, and you have made me their mother though I do not have what they need. Because of the grace You have shown to me in Jesus, I am bold to ask for what I do not deserve: Let me borrow it all from you. Loan me your patience, energy, strength, compassion, wisdom and love, that your dear children may have what they need from me. In His name, Amen.

No comments: