Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Catching our breath again!

We drove straight through that crazy storm on friday. We left florida at 10am, stopped only to grab food but made the kids eat in the car, and still did not arrive in Indiana until 4am Saturday morning! The ice started in Georgia and the bad weather didn't quit until we were about 1/2 hr from home!

I decided early on that I was probably not helping Josh by sitting in the front with my nervous energy, gasping and pointing every so often. So I tried to sleep in the back. Every now and then (I just couldn't help it) I would sit up and say helpful things like "WOW hon this is really bad!" and "Oh my it's even worse now!" and "It's up to you if you want to stop at a hotel!" "Wow, another car in the ditch???" Otherwise I tried to just shut my mouth and pray or sleep.

Josh not only put up with me but got us home safely, and somehow his hair did not turn white with the stress! The van looked like it had been through a war when we got home- mud and ice, at least an inch thick on the front!

At 400 we finally collapsed into bed. At 410 Eldon woke me up throwing up. He brought us a lovely stomach flu from Michigan, which we all got full force on Sunday night. It was a miserable day and a half, but today I think we are almost back to normal. So it is good to be home... it is even better to be home and healthy again! More later, including commentary on our big announcement at church on sunday! :)

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Are you pregnant again????? Ohhhhh! The suspense is killing me!!!!

Mary said...

another baby? Hurry...I"m excited to hear your big news!!

Courtney said...

Ok, not fair to leave us all hanging like that...Guess I'm going to have to make some phone calls this evening :)

Emily Cook said...

Wow I guess we are pretty obvious, huh? :)