Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

odds n ends

Does anybody local have either of the following:

An old pair of overall jeans (any size)
An empty oatmeal container

The overalls are for the making of a scarecrow(Lorraine has been begging me!) And the oatmeal container will be decorated fancy and used to hold Lorraine's ever growing collection of headbands!

Also, the "reactions" at the bottom of the post are new to this blog. Just something I noticed as I was doing something else. Yesterday I had "funny, interesting, cool" just because that was the default for Blogger- today it occurred to me that I could change them. I thought of adding a bunch more adjectives that would boost my self esteem and yet say nothing (wow, way to go, praise the Lord, fantastic, I agree, yeehaw, amen, whaddyaknow, nice job, thanks for sharing, and the like) but then I opted for these three- smiling, thinking, praying. I am usually hoping for one of these responses with my words! (If you have other things to say of course you can always comment or email me!)

So in that spirit, I will share one story.
" I want soooop" said Marcus insistently at the dinner table last night. What is he asking for? None of us could figure it out. "Markie you want what?" we asked, and the kids laughed and guessed the craziest things he could think of. (you want snow? you want soup? you want a show?) Of course he got frustrated but kept insisting "I want SOAP!" "Is he really saying soap?" I said "You want soap Markie?" He giggled "yes" and pointed to the honey for his bread. "Oh Markie, that's not soap it's honey! Trust me there is a big difference!"

No WONDER he was so eager to play with the hand soap in the kitchen earlier that day!

No comments: