Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

stressful blessings

Eldon is clingy today- teething and boogering all over everything. He is happy as long as I am holding him, so right now he is sitting on my lap trying to chew his fingers off as I type. This has worked well for us in the past, but I just learned that his abs are getting stronger. He spontaneously tries to sit forward and of course he bumps his head on the desk. I guess I can learn to type with my elbows together.



The children are happy to be back home, but must undergo intense re-education training. They seem to have forgotten every rule they have ever learned... even the most basic. I do not blame the grandmothers at all... I think it was simply the weeks being away from home, Aggie stress, and unpredictability. Now that we are back, the kids are hoping the boundaries at home have changed..... or disappeared altogether.

Here are some of the questions they have asked of me lately, directly or indirectly.

Is it ok for us to spit at each other?
If I scream loud enough, will you be convinced the broken toy or injured sibling is not my fault?
Can I eat paper? How about beads? Sand?
Will you notice if I throw my food on the floor instead of eating it?
Do you mind if I kick the baby?
What do you mean I need to use silverware?
Will I trick you if I pretend I no longer speak English?
You don't really think I am going to take a nap, do you?
If, instead of sleeping, I kick the walls as hard as I can, what will happen?
Will Marcus look good with a bucket full of sand on his head?
How many times can I ask you the same question before you go bonkers?
By “go to bed” you meant “hide in the closet and play,” right?
I can't chew on the couch? Since when?


After a few days of questions like these, big innocent eyes, patronizing nods, false humility and apologies, and a return to the very same behavior, when mommy has finally HAD IT- they have the audacity to be surprised!!! (Boy, what'sa matter with HER?)

Sorry guys... You don't call me queen mommie for nothin'!

I am blessed to have these kinds of things as my major stressors today.

No comments: