Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

a blessed, quiet week!


Ah, naptime. For the rest of the kids it is planned and sometimes forced, but for little Eldon it is a welcome guest any time, anywhere, for however long he wants. He is sitting on the table in his bouncer in the picture above, belly full of baby food, waiting for me to clean him up. I, of course, got distracted by something else for a minute or two, which gave him the perfect opportunity for a nap. Sweet, sticky dreams little one!

Not much to report from the Cook house this week, and for that I am grateful! Nobody is sick and the back-to-school routine is going more smoothly each day. We have had plenty of time for fun and games this week, and the boys' favorite, tractor rides!

Marcus is probably the most naturally "country" of our kids. Here he is, going for a ride on a "big green tractor!"
Josh and I got to go out for our anniversary (thanks again to the brave souls, Annette, Allie and Megan!) My mom is coming down this thursday-we can't wait!

And the mom's group is up and running! I love the mix of people this year, and I love the book we are doing too! (How Christianity Changed the World) Don't forget, you moms out there, let me know about the upcoming retreat! Even if you are not able to make it to our friday meetings, you are welcome and encouraged to join us Sept 18!

Sigh, naptime is over already....

No comments: