Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

shirt crush (girl crush parody by Tom Rozegnal)

A goodbye song for the old "homeless man shirts:"  

Tom Rozegnal encourages all of us to embrace change, 
and new shirts, 
in his song Shirt Crush
 (a parody of "girl crush.")





I’ve got a shirt crush     
Hate to admit it but
I love my old shirt         
but it’s got to go

It’s old and faded        
It’s holy and smells bad
I have to make a change  
And it’s makin me sad
                
It’s time to give it up     
I’m strong and I know I can
I have to let it go           
And act like a man

My kids think I’m getting strange  
My wife thinks I’m in a rut
Well with a new shirt     
They won’t think I’m a nut

I’ve got a shirt crush    
I’ve got a shirt crush
    
How can that old shirt    
make me so happy?
That’s why I’ve worn it   
for the last 20 years

My wife gets cranky    
Each time I wear it
She gets disgusted       
and she rolls her eyes

When my kids look at me   
I don’t know what they see
But That look on their face    
is bringin’ me down

Maybe if I could dress    
like someone refined and cool
They wouldn’t look at me    
like I’m a danged ole fool

I’ve got a shirt crush     
I’ve got a shirt crush



He even let us burn his holey old shirts!
What a way to celebrate the changing seasons!








No comments: