Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh, the cleverness of Marcus!



Marcus waited in the bathroom for me to come give him a talking-to. When I walked in he said humbly, "Mommy, I already spanked me!"



"When I grow up I want to be a worker man. And when this [hammer] grows up it can be my new hammer."



After an exuberant Marcus roar, I touch his arm and say sternly, "Marcus, be quiet! Peter is sleeping right there on the couch!"
Marcus runs over to Peter and pries open his eyelids, yelling, "Look mommy he's not sleeping now!"




As we are getting ready for church I see a naked Marcus streak down the hallway for the third time. "I told you to get dressed, did you obey?"
Standing in front of me without a stitch of clothing on his little body, sticking his stomach out proudly, naked Marcus looks me right in the eye and says "Yes I obeyed! I am dressed!"
Thinking back, I wonder if he would have carried on with his lie when I told him it was time to go to church... Maybe I should try that next time. (You have been warned.)





As I am helping him with his PJ shirt, I say, "Marcus please pick up your dirty clothes and put them where they belong." He replies, "Mommy, you got them out, you get to put them away."




This morning,
"Marcus! Is it kind to pee on your brother in the bathtub?!"
Eyes dancing, huge smile, Marcus says, "No!"



Lord have mercy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The naked story sounds just like something Ryan would say/do! I guess it should not be surprising as they are only two weeks apart. Ryan also is VERY entertaining with the things he says. I have a bunch of his sayings on our blog if you want to look. I am glad we are writing these down for posterity.