Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Girls weekend!

We had a great time at Camp Lakeview! On the way home I asked the girls what their most FAVORITE part of camp was, and they came up with a list of about 18 favorites! Here are a few:

Horseback riding! Aggie was not so sure about it at first and begged me to ride with her, so I did my best... of course, they chose the biggest tallest horse to carry a load such as we, and as I attempted to mount it I had a moment of "OH no! My leg doesn't move the way it did a month ago!" But somehow I got up there, and went with Aggie crammed in the saddle in front of me! I think we should both get an extra merit badge for that one!


THE SLIP N SLIDE! The girls were picturing something like the one we have at home, but of course the one at camp is enormous and awesome! Here they are waiting nervously in line the first time (above), but after one time they both agreed it was AWESOME and CAN WE DO IT AGAIN MOMMY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE????


Swimming- we went four times I think! It was extremely hot so I was happy to get in with them on Saturday. Lorraine has conquered her fear of going underwater and LOVES her swim goggles (I can't wait to use the picture above at her graduation parties, hahaha!) She jumped off the dock, the float, and worked on her unique swimming style most of the time. Aggie was the brave one who first got up the nerve to go under the dock (why is that so creepy and scary?) and also had a blast noodling around.



They even talked me in to letting them swim on sunday morning before church, so they were in the water at aout 830, it was about 60 degrees and windy... I did not join them that day! Of course they were blue and shivering afterwards so I put them in the hot showers where they promptly turned into teenagers- "I'm not ready to get out yet mommy, five more minutes?"
I went back to the cabin to get their dry clothes and even there I could hear them singing in the showers at the top of their lungs! Of course later when I told them this, Lorraine swears it was only Aggie who sang!


The Chippa-Chicks by their Chippewa cabin!
Other favorites: the pancakes and chocolate milk, the silly games, the smores, the campfire, walking through the woods with flashlights, playing in the muddy creek, singing on stage at the ampitheatre for mommy, playing with the parachute, sleeping on top bunkbeds again, making new friends, eating ice cream
When can we go again, mommy?

PS Josh thinks it is a little mean of me to post the picture of Lorraine in her goggles... sure, it's goofy, but it makes me PROUD! My princess/cheerleader daughter is also capable of being a SWIMMER! Now I just have to teach her to spit like one! :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Heh, total gold star for getting on a horse pregnant! Another swimmer in the family eh? I love it.