Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A belly shot for Gretchen!

OK Gretchen, here is my belly shot for you! After I went to the doctor yesterday and stepped on the scale, I said "NO WONDER I have so many aches and pains!" I'm packing it on quickly, but that's pretty normal for me at this stage. The baby is doing great, so that's what really matters, right? Pass the potatoes!


At least the baby is healthy! I try to tell myself that when I accidentally bump into things (several times a day). I really am much skinnier in my mind than in reality!

I am also very grateful there are no cameras in my house, especially when I am trying to get out of bed. A friend of mine compared it to being a bug stuck on its back, flailing appendages in the air! That sounds about right to me!

My favorite moments are those times I snuggle one of the kids to sleep. They finally start snoring away, so I know it is OK to leave. I lay there another few minutes, mentally going over my body trying to guess which muscles will actually work when I call on them. I come up with an elaborate strategy and finally get up the nerve to give it a try. Muscles contract and pull, arms and legs flail, I stifle a yelp, and end up on the floor. After a deep breath, I check on the child who is usually still sleeping. I then gingerly crawl out of the room and thank God that my husband wasn't watching.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

All I can say is this: I can SO relate! :) *hugs* to you! :)

Mark, Gretchen and Kendrick said...

Thanks Em!! You always look so beautiful pregnant! Miss you