Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

122. another snow day? OK, I'm not really thankful for that, deep deep down in my heart, but I'm trying to be, so it's on the list.  I am thankful for a slow-moving day, another stay-in-PJs day, as I'm still feeling a bit under the weather with this cold.

123. Outside play time in fluffy snow (for them, not me!) It's SO NICE that they are now old enough for this!

124. Glass candy- so fun to make! See how it bubbles!


It has to get up to 300-310... the hardest part is stirring and waiting :)
Then you just pour it out and let it cool- it looks like this! (The green in the background has a little mint flavoring.)  Later I will crack it up and add confectioner's sugar so it doesn't stick together.


125.  A perfectly timed recipe for snow ice cream. How have I never made this before? (Probably because SOME say it's not so healthy to eat snow?!)  


Using real sugar made it a little gritty, honestly. (Unless, of course, that was the dirt.)
 But the kids loved it.

(Peter is crying in this picture because I told him he had to sit in that chair-- the baby chair-- if he wanted some ice cream.)

126. Technology, including TV.  We have done LOTS of movie watching and video game playing these days.


127. Forced book time: when I pried the electronics out of their grubby hands and forced them to read.
Cuddled up to a cozy real fire and a "yule log" fake fire. 


128. Christmas gifts in the works!


129. Roasted garlic: The perfect thing for my cold, and for potato garlic bacon delicious soup!


130.  Getting out the Christmas books....
and reliving some of my favorite Christmas memories!


Funny- we have 2 copies of this one.  It makes me wonder if my dad slipped their version in with mine so he wouldn't have to read it to the grandkids? I seem to remember him saying this book was the longest Christmas book ever written? Pretty sure it takes roughly 45 minutes to read!

131. My cool essential oil diffuser!  


132.  Finally, and primarily, naptime, where I am headed right now, in this room that smells good. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh



No comments: