Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

favorite things

(I needed to write one for Aggie that wasn't so "sad!" So I took off the Dr. Seuss had and am trying on the Maria dress!)


Hot summer day, Aggie sliding and slipping
She sprays me with water till my hair is dripping
Wrapped up in towels we sing on the swing
These are a few of my favorite things

Rain dancing, laughing, and chicken-butt calling
Home after long trips with big hugs and falling
Bright paintings of rainbows and butterfly wings
These are few of my favorite things

When the boys fight, when the bee stings
When I’m feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad!

A sandwich with Aggie on top of her brothers
Laughing I watch as she’s stealing  Bump’s covers
She runs home from school, new pictures she brings,
These are a few of my favorite things

Wrestling in dresses, my wild princess
Craft-making chaos, her room all a mess,
Loud music playing, she cleans and she sings
These are a few of my favorite things

In the dark nights, when the storm brings
Cause for feeling sad
Simply remember our favorite things
And then you won’t feel so bad!



wild hair- another favorite :)

No comments: