Giving Thanks (inspired by)


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Spirit, for the abundance of good things he pours on His children.
We are but few, but His blessings are many.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Better than chocolate?

Aggie came home from school last week with two small pieces of candy. She was BURSTING to tell me about them and could not WAIT to share them with each one of her siblings.

After dinner, she made certain the candy was divided fairly. The tiny kitkat she wanted cut on thirds, one piece for each of the boys. She and Lorraine split the peanut butter cup in two.

Wow, I thought. Had that been me, I would have eaten all the chocolate myself, immediately, and secretly.

Her joy is not in the food itself, and she is no slave to even her most favorite treats. Her delight is in having something to give, and she does it freely and cheerfully.




God loves this cheerful giver, and I do too!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweetie! Lately Kyle and Ryan have been willing to share candy with each other too, and I think "My gosh, I NEVER would have done that!" Warms the heart a little. :o)